Saturday 20 April 2013

What have I been up to?

I have been pretty quiet here in the last couple of months as I have been deep in study. 
Not for anything job associated or highly academic, but something new and a bit foreign to me.
 I consider myself a lifelong learner and am always keen to run with learning new things when I get the urge.
I have been teaching myself photography skills, plus Lightroom and using presets and Photoshop and using actions, making watermarks and brushes and adding textures to images. Whew!!
I have been doing online courses/tutorials with Udemy, Kim Klassen (who has the most calm and soothing voice I have ever heard!) - using her textures, and MCP presets, actions and textures.
I'm loving it.
There's a lot more to learn!! I don't ever think I will be an expert, I just want to be competent.

Here's some examples:

Watermarks that I have made into brushes that I can change colour when I place them on images.

The difference between Raw and Jpeg coming out of my camera.
And saving images as PNG from photoshop, before posting to Facebook to reduce compression.


Raw on the left, jpeg on the right.

Images that have had presets and textures added.

Strelitzias

Images from the Kim Klassen tutorials (which I absolutely love- her button is down on the right) where textures and Text are added.


Image courtesy of Kim Klassen

And my own images That I have manipulated and added text (in colours from the image) to.




I am really thrilled with how much I have accomplished.
xx

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing Jodie - love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki, I have really enjoyed learning this. I'm getting myself ready to put together a school magazine-eek, what have I got myself into! plus make some books- both so easy through Lightroom!

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed with your new set of talents. As soon as I read this a couple of days ago, I went searching online for classes so I can finally learn how to use my Canon 7D but so far, I haven't found any that speak to me enough to enroll.
    I wonder if I can also access your classes even though I am in a different hemisphere??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrienne, Yes You certainly can, most of the ones I have been using come from your country! I am going to send you some direct links to some Tutorials and great blogs, Have you got Lightroom or Photoshop?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...