Monday 8 August 2011

Weekend Kcooking

I put my hand up to cook muffins for a fundraiser for the kid's school, I thought I'd be cooking my own recipes. However, they sent home a packet of betty croker chocolate muffin mix. I cooked them but I was not impressed with either their flavour or looks.

 Then Itty Bitty MDK wanted some muffins for ourselves, but, he did not like the idea of my show winning raspberry and white chocolate ones, which I was all set to make. He doesn't go much on raspberries. He wanted chocolate ones, so I asked him what to do and he just said in his masterchef voice, "Just replace the raspberries with chocolate, silly!"
I went with his recipe and added 0.5 cup of cocoa powder and then about a pkt of milk choc chips and a half pkt of white chips.
Here's the recipe:
440g S.R. flour
250g sugar
half a cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of rice bran oil or 250g melted butter
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250g milk choc chips and about half that of white choc chips
mix all the dry and then add the wet, use an ice cream scoop to dole them out. That way they'll be an even size


It makes 2 dozen normal sized muffins. Next time I'm going to put a big choc melt on the top.
They were exceedingly yummy and had "normal" ingredients, not ones that you need a science degree to decipher.  
And tonight they are almost all gone!
I'm now feeling a bit like this funny thing,
 who can as of tonight drink 3 litres of milk from a bucket in about 4 minutes!

he kinda matches the muffins, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...