Wednesday 11 January 2012

Hide loving kid


On our way home from Sydney the other day we stopped at a hide shop. Much to my husband's disgust ( these being brindle and all) I bought two of the hide cushion covers. If they'd had more good thick ones like this I 'd have them all.


I knew this little fellow would appreciate them when he'd get home from his extended holiday with Aunty.
The eyes in his head almost popped right out when he got home a week later. Of course he wanted them in his bedroom and kept begging me for 24 hours straight.

I know one day when I'm not looking they are going to disappear.

I'll know where to find them!!

5 comments:

  1. Your boy sure looks like he loves that cushion.
    If you don't mind me asking, what price range do the cushions fall into, and what about a whole hide?
    Thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zar, the cushion covers(no insert) were only 40 dollars each! I thought that was pretty reasonable and they had whole hides for around 400 dollars. I did notice that the hides were not from australia but 'Brasil'. Some of the cushions had a lining attached to them, my husband said that they had probably split the skins to make them more supple these 2 did not have that stick on lining but a natural suede finish. I love them and i thought they'd be prickly but they are not!
    You can find the hides at Blue mountains Ugg boots. I didn't see the cushion covers online though. I would have bought more if they had them online!
    http://www.uggboots.com.au/frameset.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much. I love the look of these cushions, and I think a whole hide on the loungeroom floor would look great in our new place. Such a pity they are from Brasil, I'll have to see if I can source a local one.
      Thanks again lovely. x

      Delete
  3. Totally love your hide cushions - can't believe so reasonably priced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're fantastic!! I want more in different colours, I think they will wear exceptionally well in this rough family room. I think I am going to stalk them every time we come home that way!

      Delete

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...